We hope you like the products we recommend! Just so you know this post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking our links.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. I get commissions from purchases made through links in this post.
Cats can be difficult travelers.
It’s why there are so many different carriers on sale.
You might not be too familiar with cat carrier pouches but they’re another option in getting your cat from point-a to point-b safely, but they won’t be for everyone or for every cat.
We recommend reading the reviews on the cat sling carriers we’ve listed below just to see whether it’s likely that your pet will adapt to being worn in a bag rather than put into a box.
We’ve also included cat carrying hoodies. They’re less suitable for outdoor use, but they make a quirky, fun, and cozy gift.
What is a Cat Carry Pouch?
It’s a fabric bag that you put the cat in but you leave its head sticking out. You may also here it described as a cat sling carrier.
It resembles a sort of piping bag that you might see in a kitchen.
The idea is that the cat’s body is contained in the bag but its head is on the outside so that it can look around.
Pouches or slings are handy because they can help cats who are anxious or distressed when placed into other types of carriers. They’re also useful for older pets that may not be able to walk very far (but who still want fresh air).
But a pouch doesn’t have to be like a bag. It can also be in the form of a hoodie or you can also buy a cat carrying sling.
Why Would My Cat Need a Carry Pouch?
Some cats don’t react well to being inside the more traditional hard or soft cat carriers. Carrying pouches keep them secure but without fully enclosing them.
Pouches are lighter for the owner to carry, too.
You can use them in car journeys, for nail clipping or administering medication, or for veterinarian visits.
Carry pouches won’t be suitable for all cats. Some cats love them and others will struggle and thrash to get out.
Pet pouch hoodies are probably less suitable for going outside but they’re a nice gift for an animal lover and what could be better than snuggling up on the sofa with your cat right next to you.
Buying a Cat Carrier Pouch
- It comes in 3 sizes: small, large and extra large
- Choose from 8 colours
- Made from tightly woven 100% cotton to reduce claws scratching and snagging
- Velcro collar for a secure adjustable fit around the cat’s neck. You can also easily access the front and back legs and paws for grooming.
- Cat has a full range of motion
- Cat stays comfortable
- Hands-free carrying thanks to a shoulder strap
- Seatbelts pass between the shoulder strap to secure on a car seat during travel.
- Reversible carrier sling
- Breathable material
- 20” wide and 14” deep with a strap that’s 26” long
- Security clasp
- Holds up to 12 pounds in weight
- Easy to clean
- Available in 3 colours
- Comes as a set of 2
- Measures 24” by 14”
- Holds up to 14 Ibs
- Made with claw-proof material
- Water resistant
- Easy to use
- Shoulder strap
- Can be secured to a seat belt.
- Access to both front and back paws
- Ideal for nail clipping
- Suitable for cats, small dogs and other animals
- Fur-lined pouch
- It uses Asian sizing so we’d recommend going up 2 sizes to what you’d normally wear.
- 80% cotton and 20% polyester
- Cute ears on hood
- Made from eco-friendly cotton and polyester
- Prime shipping
- Threads sewn by 5 automatic sewing machines for maximum strength.
- Female cut so not suitable for men
- Use their sizing guide rather than Amazon’s
- Eco-friendly dying technique
- Can be used outdoors
- Has a removable machine-washable liner
- Separate zip pockets for human hands
- 100% cotton draw cords
- Looks good even when a cat isn’t in the pouch
If you don’t think a cat carrying pouch or sling will work for your feline, then you could always opt for another type of carrier.