Not all car journeys need a cat travel crate with a litterbox.
If you’re only going a few miles down the road or if you’re planning to stop regularly, then your cat will probably prefer to wait and use the litter tray when the car is stationary or when they’re in a more comfortable environment.
Most humans are the same.
It’s why we cross our legs on aeroplanes, buses and trains or wait until we’re at the terminal building. Wanting to do personal business in peace is universal whether you’re a human or a cat.
Even if it’s unlikely that you’ll need a cat travel crate with a litterbox, it can be a useful thing to have just in case. If your cat is prone to nervousness or anxiety, then having it even for just a short trip might be a good idea.
We’d also recommend packing puppy training pads and plenty of towels just in case you need to quickly clean up any accidents.
You can buy cat travel crates with litterboxes but you can also buy them separately. Just be sure to measure what you’re buying so that you have everything ready in time for your trip.
Cat Travel Crates with Litterboxes
- This cat carrier pops open so it’s easy to store when not in use and assembles itself in seconds.
- It’s large enough for two cats and a litter box.
- The dimensions of the carrier are H20” x D20” x W31.8”
- The litterbox size is 15 x 5.1 x 11 inches and is included.
Be aware, however, that there are other versions of this product on Amazon that DO NOT come with a litter tray. Double-check which you’re ordering first. If you’d prefer to use your own litter box then you’ll find just the carrier here.
- The waterproof lining makes it easy to handwash
- The roll-up mesh panels give ample ventilation
This has some very positive reviews on Amazon but there are a couple of customers who have said that the bottom can droop when carrying if you have a big cat.
- This carrier comes in two sizes: medium and large
- It’s large enough to fit two cats.
- This is made from durable nylon with a steel frame that’s both flexible and collapsible.
- It includes a collapsible litterbox and water bowl.
- It’s well-ventilated with screens that can be velcroed shut if your cat is nervous.
- There’s a washable velour pad for the cat to sleep on.
- And a bonus feather fishing toy to tire you cat out before you start your journey.
- You can feed the seatbelt through 4 bands attached to the top of the carrier to keep it secure.
- This cat carrier pops up and flattens down easily, making it ideal for those with limited space in their home.
- When opened out this carrier has a size of L 32″ W 19.5″ H 19.5″ and weighs around 4Ibs.
- This comes with a collapsible litterbox, water bowl and toy.
- It has a carry-case making storage easier.
- 2-mesh side windows for visibility and ventilation with roll-up shades to keep the sun out.
- Keep it clean by wiping it down with warm and soapy water.
- This is a double pet kennel which could be used to carry a cat and to add litterbox. You just unzip the central section and it becomes one large carrier.
- It has straps that connect it to the seatbelt for security.
- A carry case is included.
- Includes washable mats
- This is an attractive carrier, too, and isn’t as garish as some of the previous carriers mentioned above.
Kitty’s Wonderbox is a popular brand on Amazon because it doesn’t leak or tear and is 100% biodegradable. It has odour control, too, and a slew of positive reviews by owners who took them on long road trips.
Disposable litterboxes can be useful because they’re cheaper than buying an entirely new carrier (especially if this is a one-off trip) and they’re better for the environment. You can use them as liners for plastic boxes, too.
Like cats? Love/hate traveling with them? Sign up to our newsletter for tips, advice product reviews and pictures of all sorts of kitty-cats.